Contullich Cottage

As can be seen from the address the holiday is over and we are at home. I have mixed feelings. Krakow was an amazing city. We have had a most interesting week. But, there is no place like home

We got up at 6.30. Again I had a rubbish sleep, maybe 2 hours. We had our last breakfast and I took a few photos.

Our room is second floor from the top with the window open.

We occupied room 23.

We packed and left Hostel Abel.

I took one last picture of the Vistula river.

We walked 1.7 miles to the bus stop at Cracovia Błonia and caught the 292 bus out to the airport.

This time we had 12 zl to buy the three 4zl tickets – one for each of ourselves and one for the luggage. The morning was almost unbearably hot.

We got to Balice which was a lot less of a frenzy compared to Edinburgh Airport.

We got the baggage dropped off. People did it for us, not machines. We then went through security which again was far less hassle than Edinburgh. Poor Anne triggered an alarm and had to be frisked!

We got our 11.10 flight back to Edinburgh which was slightly late getting into Edinburgh just after 1.00.

I am enough of a nerd to have followed the flight with my Garmin Etrex 20.

We started down the runway at 10.29 and reached the terminal at Edinburgh at 13.06 covering 1120 miles. Absolutely amazing.

Minimum elevation: 85.3 ft
Maximum elevation: 39130.6 ft
Average elevation: 26818.7 ft
Start elevation: 790.5 ft
End elevation: 131.2 ft

Maximum speed: 533 mph
Average speed: 415.8 mph

Boarding and cooking on the runway. From checking the aircraft ID (G-EZUN) this is an Airbus A320-214, first flight 17th Feb 2012, delivered 22. Mar 2012.

Taxiing for take-off.

And up looking down as we leave Balice.

Once we got a bit west most of Europe was obscured by cloud.

And here is Edinburgh as we fly up the Forth. Its Scotland!

By the time we got through arrivals and collected our baggage we got the 2.00 shuttle bus to Halbeath. I got hold of crisps, a Kitkat and Coke so we had something to eat before heading to Halbeath. The prices in the airport are exorbitant. I would say more like stealing.

We got to Halbeath and to the car. Now our lives are back in control!

I drove to Pitlochry where Anne took over and I grabbed a sleep. We stopped in Kingussie and had chip suppers in a chip cafe/restaurant.

I drove from then, on to Inverness, where we stopped to see mummy.

Then it was home and unpacking.